Squash On Fire Ladder
The 2022 Spring/Summer Ladder will run as a 12-week tournament from April 25 – July 17. We are planning on continuing our Sprint Series feature to help create more competition within the ladder and give players the opportunity to win prizes every two weeks along with the overall season long spoils! In addition we are excited to introduce the first ever Ladder Play Offs Night on Wednesday, July 20 that will also double as an end of season celebration that all ladder participants will be invited to.
To generate the most enjoyable and engaging environment for all the participants, the ladder will be split into divisions from Monday, June 6. This means that during the final half of the season we will see a series of concurrent battles as competitors strive to win their respective divisions. As ever, the goal is to encourage players of all ages and skill levels to take part! This will also apply to the formatting of Ladder Nights that we will run on the following evenings:
Ladder nights: Each ladder night costs $30 to participate in and you’ll play three matches in a 1.5 hours period against three others around your level.
Signing up: To sign up, log into your Squash On Fire account and purchase one of the Ladder packages below. All packages cover administrative/organizational fees, weekly communications, prizes and the end of season party on 7/21.
1. Spring/Summer Ladder Package: $50 – Covers entry into the Spring/Summer Ladder and a cafe drinks voucher for Wednesday, July 20
2. Spring/Summer Ladder Pro Package: $200 – Covers entry into the Spring/Summer Ladder, 15 off-peak play credits (usable at all times aside from 6pm - 7:30pm on weekdays and 9am - 11:30am on weekends) to use during this ladder season and a cafe drinks voucher for Wednesday, July 20.
Booking matches: Before the ladder begins on April 25, you will be sent your official Ladder email so you will know who is participating and have their contact information to book matches. You can then get to work on submitting challenges to others and scoring points!
All matches will be the best of 5 games
Scores should be recorded on a ladder scorecard and returned to the front desk team post play
Per match played = 1 point to each player
Result of play = 3 points to the winner, 0, 1 or 2 points to the loser depending on the number of games won
Bonus point = the winning player receives an additional point for a 3 - 0 margin of victory
In addition if you beat someone ranked above you on the “SOF Rank” tab then all points gained will be doubled. This means that it is possible to score 10 points in a single match if you defeat a higher ranked player 3-0.
You may only submit up to a maximum of 2 matches against the same opponent on any given day of ladder play
We will again have a player ratings (A, B or C) column on the ladder standings for informational purposes so that participants have some assistance in their match planning
US Squash Ratings: It is possible for ladder matches to count for US Squash ratings in Club Locker. If you'd like your activity to count please make sure you provide your US Squash number to Will Hopton (email@example.com).
Sprint series: Every 2 weeks, we will host a different Sprint series with the theme and prizes for each series being announced prior to the start of that iteration. Towards the end of each Sprint we will host a Ladder Night so you can earn some final points and enjoy some café specials with your fellow players and friends!
Overall Season Long Prizes:
1st Place Division 1 - Engraved Ladder Champion Racquet
2nd Place Division 1 - 60 Mins Clinic for up to 10 Players
3rd Place Division 1 - 45 Mins Playing Session with Ineta Mackevica (world #44)
1st Place Division 2 - 45 Mins Lesson with a Squash On Fire Senior Coach
2nd Place Division 2 - Video Analysis session with a Squash On Fire Senior Coach
3rd Place Division 2 - A Tecnifibre Backpack
Playoff Night - July 21: The top 8 finishers from Division 1 will be invited to participate in our first ever Ladder Playoffs night on Wednesday, July 20. There will be no charge for court time for those playing. The exact format will be dictated by how many of the qualifiers can participate. There will be a prize in addition to those listed above for our Ladder Playoffs Champion! Every ladder player is invited to join us for the evening to support the players and take advantage of a complimentary Upper West Side Café drinks voucher. Mark your calendars now for what promises to be a fantastic evening on and off the courts!
If you have any questions related to the ladder, please reach out to Will Hopton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Squash On Fire League
We are excited to announce the Summer 2022 edition of the in-house Squash On Fire league. The league will run on Sunday evenings at 5 pm starting from June 12 and conclude with playoffs on Sunday, August 28. There will be no matches scheduled for 7/3.
- Teams will field a match-day roster of 5 players totaling 17.0 US Squash rating points or less. That maps into fielding rosters ranging from beginners to relatively advanced players. Overall team rosters will have 10 - 12 players each so there is no need to be available every Sunday! This may change depending on interest levels.
- Because the rating cap will be strictly enforced, matches will be competitive and balanced!
- Don’t have a rating? We’ll assign you an initial rating and, after a few matches, you’ll have an official US Squash rating. To get a general idea of your rating, see the descriptions at https://www.ussquash.com/participate/rating-criteria/.
- All players need to be paid US Squash members (see https://ussquash.org/membership/). That's $99 for 12 months starting from whenever you join.
- Players also must have an account in the Squash On Fire system and have a payment method on file. This is very important for liability reasons.
- All players who sign up will be charged $51 this covers your participation in 3 matches on different Sundays. From your 4th match of the season onwards dues will be $17 each time you play (and only when you play).
- To sign up, click here and enter (1) your name and email address and (2) your desired frequency of play ("Most weeks", "50%", or "Occasional"). Optionally, you can also enter your rating, whether your US Squash membership is paid and active, your desired team, and any other notes that would help us place you on a team.
- Please direct any league related questions to Will Hopton (email@example.com) or Cory Capps (firstname.lastname@example.org) and here is to another fantastic league season!